Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Confessions of a Bookaholic

If you know me well at all you know that I love books--a lot! I also enjoy watching movies and tv shows--like "The Gilmore Girls". So, recently, when a friend posted on facebook "The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge" (http://bookreviews.me.uk/rory-gilmore-reading-challenge/), I couldn't help but look and see what books on the list I had read. (I'm at about 50.) One of the books on the list was War and Peace. Back in August, I had made it my goal to read War and Peace before the end of the school year, and I finished it months ago, but it did get me thinking about some of the books I have read over the past school year. So, here is the no-where-near-complete Becca Miller 2011-2012 school year reading list. (And for the record, some are rereads--yes, I do that. :D Also--they're in a random order, because I listed them as I thought of them!)

  • Teaching Redemptively by Donovan L. Graham
  • Philosophy annd Education: An Introduction in Christian Perspective by George R. Knight
  • Foundations of Christian Education by James Braley
  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  • The Hobbit J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  • Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
  • The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
  • Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren
  • Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren
  • A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
  • Terrier by Tamora Pierce
  • Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
  • Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
  • Through My Eyes by Nathan Whitaker and Tim Tebow
  • Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman
  • A Love that Multiplies by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
 So, there you have it a short-and-by-no-means-complete list of books I have read since last August. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment