Friday, June 22, 2012

The Lasts (but only until August)

This time of year is always filled with "lasts"...

  • The last test of the year
  • the last day of school with the kids
  • The last day of school with teachers
  • The last time you step foot inside your classroom until August
Living internationally adds even more "lasts" sometimes:
  • The last view of Prague Castle until August
  • The last trip to Tesco until August
  • The last ride on the trams and metro until...(well you get the picture)
  • The last stroll through Old Town
  • The last visit to the Harry Ghost
  • The last visit to The Pind
  • The last gelatto at Cream & Dream
As I experience all these lasts, it still seems surreal to me...I can't believe my first "year" in Prague is over. I have fallen in love with this city and the school I have come to serve. I feel very blessed and privileged to be used by God here! And as I experience all these "lasts", I look with anticipation toward my summer visiting supporters and family in the States. It will be wonderful to be back in Virginia again...but I also look with anticipation to August and returning to a new flat, new roommates, and a new year! So here is to enjoying the time God has given me now..and looking with hope to what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment