Thursday, June 5, 2014

Oceans

A song has been running through my mind quite often in past months. And in some ways, it almost seems to be the story that God has been writing in my life over the past three years. Then a friend from college posted another version of it (one I think is now my favorite). There it was again--the idea that this life that I live is not my life, that even on the hardest day (although, to be honest, today was actually quite a wonderful day), there is a reason I am here.


Three Years Ago:
 You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail...
And I will call upon Your name
Through floods, loss, grief, and the hardest of days:
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Trusting His love and provision:
 My soul will rest in Your embrace
13 Different Nationalities in 6 Years of Teaching:
 Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
 Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
I am Yours and You are mine 

"Oceans" by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment